Thursday, March 6, 2008

So tired

I've been pretty overwhelmed with work the past few days. March is the busiest season for translators, as all our clients are trying to use up their translation budgets by the end of the financial year, so suddenly a whole raft of agencies that might have contacted me three or four times in the past year are emailing and phoning with job offers. I'm having to turn them all down, as my regular clients are keeping me quite busy enough already; tonight is the third night in a row I've been up well past midnight, attempting to turn mindnumbingly bureaucratic prose from the city government Web site into something that's hopefully vaguely readable in English. As the saying goes, though, garbage in, garbage out ... especially at this time of night. Honestly, some of the stuff I've been having to deal with lately makes Vogon poetry sound relatively appealing.

But I did go out for a rare night on the town with three fabulous friends last Saturday evening, and laughed more than I had in what seems like years. If you're reading this, girls, THANK YOU! Now I just have to find a babysitter who can persuade the boys to go to sleep (something even Kentaro can't do - the three of them eventually crashed out together on our bed at nearly midnight, apparently) so we can do it again soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK lets see if this works then! I had a great time the other night it was sooooo good to get together with you fantastic ladies and refilled my cup again, which I confess was running a bit dry. The kids however, came down sick on Sunday and the last week has been a sleepless hell for me and painful for them, poor things. I think they are over it now though but still tired!

Can't wait until next time. I shall take up Mums suggestion and drop in with supper or afternoon tea someday soon!

Claire said...

Oh Cat, I'm sorry the kids have been so sick and keeping you on the go so much. I hope things are better now. And yes, do come on round soon!